Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Chane 700 Series

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just recently ordered a pair of 5.5's (to arrive tomorrow) and plan to send my 1.5's to surrond duty. Very happy to hear that the 5.5's seem to be a Chane company favorite :) Although I am second guessing myself if I should have waited for the 700's series, I am almost hoping the final announced prices are going to be too out of my budget to make me feel better... as my budget for an L+R was pretty small to begin with.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      Just recently ordered a pair of 5.5's (to arrive tomorrow) and plan to send my 1.5's to surrond duty. Very happy to hear that the 5.5's seem to be a Chane company favorite :) Although I am second guessing myself if I should have waited for the 700's series, I am almost hoping the final announced prices are going to be too out of my budget to make me feel better... as my budget for an L+R was pretty small to begin with.
      Don't feel bad - Jon has gone on the record (while developing the L's and 700's) saying the A-series proved difficult to beat! The A5.5s are stellar (I have the A5.4s). Think of these upcoming 700s as bigger/louder versions of the A5.5. I can't imagine louder than the A5.4s, honestly...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Just recently ordered a pair of 5.5's (to arrive tomorrow) and plan to send my 1.5's to surrond duty. Very happy to hear that the 5.5's seem to be a Chane company favorite :) Although I am second guessing myself if I should have waited for the 700's series, I am almost hoping the final announced prices are going to be too out of my budget to make me feel better... as my budget for an L+R was pretty small to begin with.
        The A5.5 is a heck of a speaker, if I may say. Makes big clean images from a slender floor pencil. The 753 is just another class because it's two driver sizes larger. And it's horn treble prefers a larger space so it can be aimed a little.

        There's some pricing context here, posted this morning.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
          The A5.5 is a heck of a speaker, if I may say. Makes big clean images from a slender floor pencil. The 753 is just another class because it's two driver sizes larger. And it's horn treble prefers a larger space so it can be aimed a little.
          This is exactly why (if/when I can afford them) the 700s would go into a new, dedicated HT space at some future date. My Chane A-Series 5.0 system is never going to be replaced!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by J4r3d View Post
            Just recently ordered a pair of 5.5's (to arrive tomorrow) and plan to send my 1.5's to surrond duty. Very happy to hear that the 5.5's seem to be a Chane company favorite :) Although I am second guessing myself if I should have waited for the 700's series, I am almost hoping the final announced prices are going to be too out of my budget to make me feel better... as my budget for an L+R was pretty small to begin with.
            I think you'll be very happy with them.

            Comment


            • Forgive me if I missed the post, but have the 752’s gone on sale yet? If not, do we have a high level eta?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Wnpclrj01 View Post
                Forgive me if I missed the post, but have the 752’s gone on sale yet? If not, do we have a high level eta?
                I expect to open all six new models up for sales next month, as well as announcing the new A4.5 onwall. We have some site work to complete first.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                  I expect to open all six new models up for sales next month, as well as announcing the new A4.5 onwall. We have some site work to complete first.
                  OK, time to start working on my wife. :-)

                  New system: Receiver/integrated amp TBD; Chane Model 753 speakers!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

                    I expect to open all six new models up for sales next month, as well as announcing the new A4.5 onwall. We have some site work to complete first.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	284
Size:	3.04 MB
ID:	115784

                    Comment


                    • Heh; it's keeping me awake nights too...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                        Heh; it's keeping me awake nights too...
                        I'm sure!

                        Comment


                        • Horn edge and woofer edge detail.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	horndetail.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	115815

                          Comment


                          • Update: With the sub shipping carton upgrade now behind us, tested and about to be packed 700 models are stacking up. Packaging design is complete and materials arrive shortly.

                            Our biggest task is now the new website content.

                            Comment


                            • All,
                              I'm trying to decide what Chane series would be best for me. Here are my HT room specs. 18X13X10 2nd floor dedicated home theater. There are no other openings beside the door to get into the room. My MLP is probably going to be 10' from where the speakers are going to be. I'm trying to decide between (3) 752s, (2)A5.5/ (1) 6.5 or possibly (2) 753s/(1) 752 . My usage is probably 70% Movies and 30% Music. IM having a hard time deciding which one would be best for me. Any help would be appreciated.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Icecold1936 View Post
                                All,
                                I'm trying to decide what Chane series would be best for me. Here are my HT room specs. 18X13X10 2nd floor dedicated home theater. There are no other openings beside the door to get into the room. My MLP is probably going to be 10' from where the speakers are going to be. I'm trying to decide between (3) 752s, (2)A5.5/ (1) 6.5 or possibly (2) 753s/(1) 752 . My usage is probably 70% Movies and 30% Music. IM having a hard time deciding which one would be best for me. Any help would be appreciated.
                                I'm a fan of going as big as you can within your budget. Triple 753's get my vote. Just cause you can.

                                You likely wouldn't notice a difference between that and twin 753's/752 center unless you run them all full range.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X