The New Chane 700 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jon,

What's the recommendations for how far the 753s should be from a wall behind and the walls to the side?

Comment

Originally posted by dougnliz View Post
      What's the recommendations for how far the 753s should be from a wall behind and the walls to the side?
      I'd say standard procedure: As much as you can comfortably give them and experiment with all dimensions, ratios, and angles until you get the best immunity from harmonic imbalance, hole-in-the-middle, tunnel imaging, and the rest.

Given they're sealed you could argue they're even less susceptible than a vented A5.5, but I can't say I heard any evidence of that in trials. I used them in a slighter larger triangle and at greater distances than the smaller floor speaker.

Basically, nothing special or unusual, although play with toe to get the treble where you want it.

Comment

Subscribing

Comment

Thread Update. We have finished assembling a few hundred subwoofers, which took some time from the 700 and L series builds. They're complete, meaning we got right back to the 700 models this week.

The 700's are large models, and while the 752 should ship via FedEx, all 753 will move by truck. If you're putting together a multichannel package, the whole order will band to a pallet and move by truck. We're using the rate aggregator of the largest logistics company so we shop in real time for the lowest cost method for each individual order.

I logged in this morning to add a model 740s to the first half dozen posts of the thread but I see it's already in there. It needs some discussion because it's coming up.

740s is a 6.5"-based (the 4 designation in the model name) surround speaker (the s in the name). It's an onwall speaker. The midbass driver is a really special unit, using a multi-layer Nomex honeycomb/carbon/aluminum structure on a very linear suspension. It's very good stuff and just the thing for a soft pro line like this.

Parametrically this driver straddles the fence between hifi and pro also, where is a great place to be for an 80Hz+ sub-topper. Its cabinet is bass reflex, downward-firing - the port tube it exits under the speaker, parallel to the wall and barely visible in your theater room.

The 740s therefore has a bandwidth of 80Hz – 20kHz at a nominal onwall sensitivity of 92dB (original post corrected) and a load of 4 ohms nominal. Peak power is 160w for a peak output of 112dB (also corrected). (Peak outputs for the 752 and 753 have also been corrected in the same post).

Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.9 KB ID:	114985

Model 740s has cleared prototype and will sign off in July to be part of our second 700 series production this fall. Naturally, we'll update as soon as all models are ready.

Comment

Staging the 752. Finished cabinets are stocked between dividers on pallet. This set are post crossover and damping, and a second pallet of them is just off to the far left. From here drivers are fitted and the speaker is tested. All models are individually assembled and tested in the US before packing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	752.jpg Views:	2 Size:	77.5 KB ID:	114989

Comment

Thank you for the update! Do have an ETA on release of the 752s and pricing yet as well?

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyVee View Post
                Thank you for the update! Do have an ETA on release of the 752s and pricing yet as well?
                I can't give you either a firm date or a final cost today, but as soon as we have either or both, so will all of you. Thank you very much.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	106346947_274685363768826_5039904806968961989_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=254sieGGxxAAX-z02Rq&oh=e0aff512de82800fa88ba7c89db8dc92&oe=5F2818E0.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	115023

Comment

Looking really good! I see black ash finish in this first run. Will the satin black be an option as well?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGief View Post
                      Looking really good! I see black ash finish in this first run. Will the satin black be an option as well?
                      All three 700 models - 753, 752, and 740s - are made in black ash cases between fine pebble front and rear boards.

Comment

Are the dimensions for the 752 center set? Looks like they are "Dimensions – 250(w) x 375(d) x 710mm or approximately 10 x 14.75 x 28 inches"

Just got a new receiver/TV and planning on getting a BDI/Salamander media console to place the center inside, and wanted to make sure everything will fit. Do you recommend leaving any space above/around the center?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kwonster View Post
                          Are the dimensions for the 752 center set? Looks like they are "Dimensions – 250(w) x 375(d) x 710mm or approximately 10 x 14.75 x 28 inches"

Just got a new receiver/TV and planning on getting a BDI/Salamander media console to place the center inside, and wanted to make sure everything will fit. Do you recommend leaving any space above/around the center?
                          Those dims are correct. Leave as much space around the 752 as you comfortably can, and try to bring it to the front edge of the furniture under it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

Those dims are correct. Leave as much space around the 752 as you comfortably can, and try to bring it to the front edge of the furniture under it.
                            Thanks! Looks like the BDI Corridor 8179 or Elements 8779 which I am looking at will both work, as the center compartments are 17.4h x 38.1w x 16d or 18.25h x 37.75w x 15.75d, respectively. Height and width looks fine, depth might be a bit tight but I can leave the back off so it should work.

My new denon 3700h arrives tomorrow, looking forward to completing my 5.4.2 set with the 753 towers and 752 center!

Comment

Working...
                            X