The New Chane 700 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xo151 View Post

Thanks, I'll put these onto the short list. Did you look at the Klipsch reference series in-walls? They are pricier but the 1" titanium compression tweeters look like they match more with 700s.
    I'll be honest, I'm just not a fan of Klipsch.. They have come a long way from what I understand, but I still associate them with being a harsh sounding speaker. I have actually avoided any horn speaker for decades because of my experience with installing Klipsch products years ago. I was even on the fence about the 700 series because of my bias until the reviews began coming in. I know how my A series speakers sound and I trust Jon's skills to create a great sounding speaker. These are the only reasons I'm willing to make the jump now. The HSU is supposed to be a very neutral speaker even though it's a horn speaker as well so I'm guessing it should be a good match with the 700's. HSU has a very good reputation and I have read nothing but positive reviews on their products. I figure.that if I'm going to make the jump to horns, I better do it right.
    Your opinion may be completely different than mine, but Klipsch is not on my list. Please let me know if you find anything else you think may work though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spawn101 View Post
      I have actually avoided any horn speaker for decades because of my experience ... I was even on the fence about the 700 series because of my bias until the reviews began coming in. I know how my A series speakers sound and I trust Jon's skills to create a great sounding speaker.
      There have been two challenges to rolling out the Chane 700 models. The first was describing the sonic expectations for a large, horn-topped black box speaker without resorting to seemingly incongruous audiophile terminology, and the second was what you said. Together there's a natural bias about horns.

The funny thing is that when they're done right they actually sound more delicate and focused, not less. There's some loss at extreme angles off-axis, but the well-done horn speaker should and many times does have superior sheer musicality and sometimes by no small margin. And at the same time if it's a big boy it'll also deliver big dynamic output.

It's that winning combination that has extreme audiophiles so interested in classic big-speaker designs. Us too. I'm hoping we can make more of them.

Comment

• Folks, there's a new 700 Series thread for 2021 here. In it we lay out what's going on and what we hope to deliver. Feel free to use either thread to continue your topics and questions.

Thanks for being here. We're excited about where this should end up.

Comment

• Two final things, folks.

First, if you're on the list (or if you're not) drop us an email just to confirm. Kindly include the models you'd like.

And second, we've gotten so much positive feedback; please share your reviews here or in your Chane account - if you log back into the store there's a place for them. All feedback helps us keep expanding the line...

Comment

Working...
          X