Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Chane 700 Series

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by kabin View Post
    I thought I'd give a quick update since it's been a while since I spoke about my 753/752 setup. With the holidays, I was able to pickup some nice UHD Blurays on holiday discount.

    Last night we watched Dunkirk. Shortly after the exciting opening scenes, I thought I'd have to turn it down relative to loudness was but we quickly got over that. My amp was set at -20dB and the sound was spectacular with incredible sound reproduction. Those Merlin powered Spitfires and bullet sounds were amazing. One wall mounted art vibrated in protest which I fixed with an application of a few cushion adhesives at wall contact points.

    I'd rate Dunkirk a B+ as it may not be the proto-typical war flick with a bit excess on Christopher Nolan goal of storytelling. A bit too much of the troops lined up on the beach and a bit cheap on some scene realism. On the bright side, the sound track and HDR color/imaging was fantastic.

    I'm very happy I was able to land a set of Jon's magical speakers.
    Thats Great! If you have time can you comment on what speakers you are coming from and what type of amplification you are using?

    Comment


    • You bet. I came from a set of A5rc-x with a A2.4 center. Amp is an Outlaw model 7700.

      Comment


      • I received my third 753 today for my 753 LCR setup, since I can do this with having an AT screen it sounds perfect now. Plus I took down all the walls and fabric I built and minimized the wall that my screen hangs on, more open for improved sound :) Just need to paint the 2x2's black.

        Click image for larger version  Name:	50826161643_c35d24c429_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.58 MB ID:	117592
        Click image for larger version  Name:	50827000837_da7e3cdece_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.33 MB ID:	117593
        Click image for larger version

Name:	50826199553_a54f84bddf_b.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	117598



        Click image for larger version  Name:	50827000907_b62b83f625_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.59 MB ID:	117594
        Attached Files
        Last edited by creimes77; 01-11-2021, 09:53 PM.

        Comment


        • Looking good. I bet you can hardly wait to fire those up.

          Any plans for an atmos setup?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kabin View Post
            Looking good. I bet you can hardly wait to fire those up.

            Any plans for an atmos setup?
            I watched a bit of Spiderman into the Spiderverse tonight before the kids went to bed and I'm definitely getting more output and overall dynamics from the 753 over the 752 which is to be expected and one of the reasons I love having an acoustically transparent screen allowing me to do so.

            No plans for Atmos, I'm just LCR with rears, hopefully a bigger room when we move but keeping it simple.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by creimes77 View Post

              I watched a bit of Spiderman into the Spiderverse tonight before the kids went to bed and I'm definitely getting more output and overall dynamics from the 753 over the 752 which is to be expected and one of the reasons I love having an acoustically transparent screen allowing me to do so.

              No plans for Atmos, I'm just LCR with rears, hopefully a bigger room when we move but keeping it simple.
              Very nice.
              what will you be using the 752 for now?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by wkrpic View Post
                Very nice.
                what will you be using the 752 for now?
                i was hoping to grab another 752 to eventually do either a 2ch setup with them or use two of them as rears but with what Jon is saying about the changes to the next run and beyond they will not be the same so not sure, maybe will have to find one used if possible but not sure how safe they are to ship as mine came on a pallet.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by creimes77 View Post
                  i was hoping to grab another 752 to eventually do either a 2ch setup with them or use two of them as rears but with what Jon is saying about the changes to the next run and beyond they will not be the same so not sure, maybe will have to find one used if possible but not sure how safe they are to ship as mine came on a pallet.
                  We'll run another large batch of the same v1 752 and 753 (with the 740s onwall) so no change to either for some time. Later in the year we'd like to get into a higher output and pricier version of both, plus some other surprises.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

                    We'll run another large batch of the same v1 752 and 753 (with the 740s onwall) so no change to either for some time. Later in the year we'd like to get into a higher output and pricier version of both, plus some other surprises.
                    Oh that's good, I thought this second run had different drivers and crossover design, hopefully I can get some funds together haha

                    Comment


                    • Comment


                      • Any updates on the 740’s? Waiting on them to add surround and atmos. Current setup with 752 and 753’s.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Luckyoco View Post
                          Any updates on the 740’s? Waiting on them to add surround and atmos. Current setup with 752 and 753’s.
                          https://forum.chanemusiccinema.com/f...tes#post117094
                          Doesn't give an ETA though.

                          Comment


                          • Hey Jon,

                            Do you have any updates on the outrigger feet.

                            Cheers

                            Comment


                            • Still no updates on the 740’s? Are we looking at a couple months here or more like 6-12 months or longer? I can wait a month or two more for some surrounds but if it’s going to be longer I would like to know so I can look for other options for my surrounds and atmos.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Luckyoco View Post
                                Still no updates on the 740’s? Are we looking at a couple months here or more like 6-12 months or longer? I can wait a month or two more for some surrounds but if it’s going to be longer I would like to know so I can look for other options for my surrounds and atmos.
                                I'll estimate June. 740s is in production planning and will join the restock for 752 and 753 (plus some other things alongside of and outside of the 700 line. From there we'll also begin the second and final somewhat pricier versions of the 752 and 753.)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X