X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freddyknuckles View Post

Here's mine. Loving them.
    Thanks Jon!
    Beautiful setup! I was curious what those legs are under the 752.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lust4metal View Post
      Beautiful setup!
      Thank you
      Originally posted by Lust4metal View Post
      curious what those legs are under the 752.
      Great question. I honestly don't know. I bought them used for 20 bucks. There is no name. Just a logo, which I don't recognize. They are solid resin of some kind and weigh about 40lbs. each.
      I asked the question on one of the forums and someone thought they resembled some off brand from China that they used to sell on eBay a few years ago.

Comment

• Folks, we'll have a very slightly damaged 752 for the first customer to email. $100 off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0775.jpeg
Views:	481
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	117335

Comment

• Just posted to the classifieds - have to part ways with my 752 LCR setup. They're awesome but wife's job was eliminated recently and we can't justify the expense at this time. PM me if interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmhaskar View Post
            Just posted to the classifieds - have to part ways with my 752 LCR setup. They're awesome but wife's job was eliminated recently and we can't justify the expense at this time. PM me if interested.
            Oh man so sorry to hear that, hopefully it gets better and she can once again find work, my wife as well is working less as she is a Registered Massage Therapist and work for her is slower with the lock downs and such, main reason I could afford the 753's is I sold a crap load of gear, which also sucks but was needed. All the best for 2021...

Chad

Comment

• Folks, we're going to open the store tomorrow to vend a last pair of 753 we found we have, as well as a few sets of 752. Now that all the dust has finally settled we have some on hand. (Previous interested party for the 3x 752 above went with the L Series.)

If interested, pop us an email. If we don't hear from anyone, we'll just open the two product pages in the store long enough to let them go.

Comment

• Just received email hopefully early next year, 2ea L7 and a L6 will be ready to ship.

Comment

• Jon, please correct me if I'm wrong. The 2nd gen 700 series driver doesn't reach as low but still uses the original 1st gen crossover circuit? Do you anticipate a performance degradation if we need to replace a 1st gen driver? Would we need to upgrade all drivers at the same time?

Comment

• Originally posted by kabin View Post
                    Jon, please correct me if I'm wrong. The 2nd gen 700 series driver doesn't reach as low but still uses the original 1st gen crossover circuit? Do you anticipate a performance degradation if we need to replace a 1st gen driver? Would we need to upgrade all drivers at the same time?
                    The two driver sets will be incompatible with one another. The crossovers change and the driver frames are significantly different as well.

Comment

• Darn, that doesn't leave many options down the road. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Darn, that doesn't leave many options down the road. Fingers crossed.
                        You could probably sub a ScanSpeak 8” woofer in there. ;)

Comment

Darn, that doesn't leave many options down the road. Fingers crossed.
                          In terms of switching one version to the other? No. Everything but the cabinet dimensions (753) and treble system will be different. It's not at all common to retrofit different versions of a similar speaker into one another.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

In terms of switching one version to the other​​​​​​?
                            I assumed that he was asking for warranty replacement purposes. Correct me if I am wrong, kabin.
                            Jon, I believe you had said that you have some backup woofers set aside for that. Is that accurate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddyknuckles View Post

I assumed that he was asking for warranty replacement purposes. Correct me if I am wrong, kabin.
                              Jon, I believe you had said that you have some backup woofers set aside for that. Is that accurate?
                              The two series are distinctly different but both carry a warrantee and all drivers are in production. We also stock supplies in case a driver ceases production.

However the two series do not interchange most parts, and gen 2 is some ways off.

Comment

• I thought I'd give a quick update since it's been a while since I spoke about my 753/752 setup. With the holidays, I was able to pickup some nice UHD Blurays on holiday discount.

Last night we watched Dunkirk. Shortly after the exciting opening scenes, I thought I'd have to turn it down relative to loudness was but we quickly got over that. My amp was set at -20dB and the sound was spectacular with incredible sound reproduction. Those Merlin powered Spitfires and bullet sounds were amazing. One wall mounted art vibrated in protest which I fixed with an application of a few cushion adhesives at wall contact points.

I'd rate Dunkirk a B+ as it may not be the proto-typical war flick with a bit excess on Christopher Nolan goal of storytelling. A bit too much of the troops lined up on the beach and a bit cheap on some scene realism. On the bright side, the sound track and HDR color/imaging was fantastic.

I'm very happy I was able to land a set of Jon's magical speakers. Looking forward to those 740s and any 700 surprises. If only we could have access to some in-ceiling mounted speakers. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X