Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wkrpic View Post
    Nice!
    The two speakers near the ceiling are for front height atmos?
    Yep - moved my old DefTech BP7006 towers to surround duty and the previously wall-mounted surrounds now serve as rear heights.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmhaskar View Post
      There is a wall of beautiful sound with this setup and the bass response is stunning in my opinion.

Very happy to hear that, mmhaskar. Wonderful.

I will echo one of the setup tips from prior posts - room correction made a big difference in my space. For my setup, I'm waiting on some 18" stands to show up which keeps the three tweeters roughly at the same height and also close enough to ear height at MLP. Really pleased with these so far.
      In their current position the nearby corner will load the woofers better - they couple to air more efficiently at lower frequencies. It's a good place to use room EQ to re-balance them. Post-EQ their bass cutoff frequency remains assisted and could drop another 10Hz or more below their free space knee.

Good stuff and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Still experimenting with stand options and location of sub so please excuse the mess. There is a wall of beautiful sound with this setup and the bass response is stunning in my opinion. I will echo one of the setup tips from prior posts - room correction made a big difference in my space. For my setup, I'm waiting on some 18" stands to show up which keeps the three tweeters roughly at the same height and also close enough to ear height at MLP. Really pleased with these so far.
        What kind of 18” stands did you decide to go with?

Thanks

Comment

Still experimenting with stand options and location of sub so please excuse the mess. There is a wall of beautiful sound with this setup and the bass response is stunning in my opinion. I will echo one of the setup tips from prior posts - room correction made a big difference in my space. For my setup, I'm waiting on some 18" stands to show up which keeps the three tweeters roughly at the same height and also close enough to ear height at MLP. Really pleased with these so far.
          I do see one problem with this picture though, the grills are still on haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Ehill View Post

What kind of 18” stands did you decide to go with?

Thanks
            I saw someone else had suggested these: https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...003026396.html

Comment

• I'm not sure what you guys are listening to once you have your 700 series speakers dialed in but this will be one of my first go to albums once I have mine dialed in or maybe even the first album to play on them to get them dialed in....oh man I cant wait

I'm listening to this album as I type this through my Schiit Asgard 3 and Sennheiser HD58X what a great album when having a setup that can pull all the detail Beck has put into the tracks, just outstanding and always has been and always will be one of my favorite albums.

Click image for larger version  Name:	71xl8vUhtuL._SS500_.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.1 KB ID:	117112
              Last edited by creimes77; 11-21-2020, 11:33 PM.

Comment

I saw someone else had suggested these: https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...003026396.html
                Doesn't look bad, I'd rather have a non-glass shelf maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

In their current position the nearby corner will load the woofers better - they couple to air more efficiently at lower frequencies. It's a good place to use room EQ to re-balance them. Post-EQ their bass cutoff frequency remains assisted and could drop another 10Hz or more below their free space knee.

Good stuff and thanks for sharing.
                  I always struggle understanding the benefits of alcove/corner/wall loading. It's frequently touted as a benefit for speakers with reduced low frequency response. There's no question it increases low frequency response in an amplitude plot but some identify it as a source for distortion (speaker boundary interference response -SBIR). Apparently the human ear is less likely to hear low frequency distortions but is that enough to remove it from our consideration during speaker setup?

Shouldn't the goal be removing SBIR effects related to increased risk of a distorted boomy sound at frequencies lower than the speaker was designed, and pressure build-up on the driver possibly causing even more distortion? It seems like an undesirable snow ball reaction to avoid if at all possible. What am I missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by kabin View Post

I always struggle understanding the benefits of alcove/corner/wall loading. It's frequently touted as a benefit for speakers with reduced low frequency response. There's no question it increases low frequency response in an amplitude plot but some identify it as a source for distortion (speaker boundary interference response -SBIR). Apparently the human ear is less likely to hear low frequency distortions but is that enough to remove it from our consideration during speaker setup?

Shouldn't the goal be removing SBIR effects related to increased risk of a distorted boomy sound at frequencies lower than the speaker was designed, and pressure build-up on the driver possibly causing even more distortion? It seems like an undesirable snow ball reaction to avoid if at all possible. What am I missing?
                    You may not be missing much of relevance, kabin. A speaker is acoustically loaded by all sorts of variables. Floor reinforcement, back wall reinforcement, side walls, and so on as the distances increase. At some point the scenario moves from simple loading to reflections and cancellations and things get complicated.

In practical terms, the system above has roughly a quarter (the corners) of the approximate half space load (the floor) added back, while the inset back wall and the trio of speakers adds more radiation resistance. At about that point those longer reflections and cancellations come into play, but the primary effect is first the sidewall wings added to the left speaker on the left and the right speaker on the right. Each respective speaker sees that as an increase in loading and a proportional increase in level. Room correction solved that excess load.

Ideally - and this is based on empirical experience and not theory - 2'-3' from the back wall to the face of the speaker is a reasonable place to be to get the speaker to open up and the bass to jell. And from there you can tune by ear for days, or calculate all effects in suitable software.

Comment

• Thanks Jon!

Comment

• Interested in the 752 and a pair of the 753

Comment

• Long story short, I found myself here looking to upgrade my Polk Monitor 70 Series II tower speakers and my Polk cs2 center. Just ordered the 753's and a 752. It was between the 700's and the L7's but I have a fairly large living room 19'x15'. Which is also open to the entry way and kitchen which measures another 19x19. I'll be sitting about 18' from the speakers. These should fill the space nicely. Should I delegate my Polks to rear surrounds or just sell them? They've been great and are in great shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by wkrpic View Post

Doesn't look bad, I'd rather have a non-glass shelf maybe.
                            Me too but couldn't find anything; there was a Sanus center speaker stand that was right height but showed only supported up to 35 lbs.

Comment

Me too but couldn't find anything; there was a Sanus center speaker stand that was right height but showed only supported up to 35 lbs.
                              The Sanus stand you mention will work fine, I have the 32" stands and filled the pillars with sandblasting sand for extra stability.

Comment

• It's been pretty quiet. Did anyone receive a set of 753s?

Comment

Working...
                                X