Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscribed. Exciting news!

Comment

Damm teaser making decisions harder. So between the L s and the 700 I assume HT goes to the 700 music a draw and WF to the L s. So Jon I know this is like asking which child you like more but which do you choose for you living room.

Comment

I can't wait to see some photos of these. It was so fun seeing the pics of the Ls this last week.

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
          Damm teaser making decisions harder. So between the L s and the 700 I assume HT goes to the 700 music a draw and WF to the L s. So Jon I know this is like asking which child you like more but which do you choose for you living room.
          Have we seen any renditions or teaser photos of the 700 series? I hadn't really paid much attention to this line in the past, as I was mostly focused on the L's. You mentioned a living room and not a dedicated theater room, thereofor I can't imagine the 700's to be as aesthetically friendly in a room where elegance and WAF usually wins out over hard core H/T looks. But I'm only guessing based on other speakers of this type I've seen. I'm sure Jon will chime in and let us know for sure, either way.

Comment

Originally posted by BadJRT View Post

Have we seen any renditions or teaser photos of the 700 series? I hadn't really paid much attention to this line in the past, as I was mostly focused on the L's. You mentioned a living room and not a dedicated theater room, thereofor I can't imagine the 700's to be as aesthetically friendly in a room where elegance and WAF usually wins out over hard core H/T looks. But I'm only guessing based on other speakers of this type I've seen. I'm sure Jon will chime in and let us know for sure, either way.
            I'm picturing a more industrial look like PSA, which I'm am totally into. The satin black finish is exactly what I'm looking for.

Now I just need to determine if it will be three 752s or one 752 and 2 753s... size is the biggest factor, then price.

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
              I'd take the L7 for your living room, 1st. ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

I'd take the L7 for your living room, 1st. ;o)
                Is that based on performance or appearance? Guess I don't mind black boxes in my living room.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                  Is that based on performance or appearance? Guess I don't mind black boxes in my living room.
                  The larger, horn-topped 753 prefers a longer focal point and will deliver somewhat less treble energy off axis to the rest of the room. It likes the larger space. It also has more bass surface area and higher sensitivity, again preferring a larger space. It has lower impedance, calling on a good high current amplifier, although all good speakers will prefer one too. In short, while it has more in common with than L7 than it looks, use it in a large space.

The L7 has the better looks. It also has a little more delicacy to its soundstage and it goes higher in the treble, including off axis. It has the more familiar high end sound, where the 753 has higher headroom. I'd use the L7 in mixed use space closer than I would the 753, which seems to define 'living room' better. The L7 is open and friendly in as little as 8' of listening depth. It's go for 10' with the 753, and it can project real energy better, at-level and in the space..

Comment

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

The larger, horn-topped 753 prefers a longer focal point and will deliver somewhat less treble energy off axis to the rest of the room. It likes the larger space. It also has more bass surface area and higher sensitivity, again preferring a larger space. It has lower impedance, calling on a good high current amplifier, although all good speakers will prefer one too. In short, while it has more in common with than L7 than it looks, use it in a large space.

The L7 has the better looks. It also has a little more delicacy to its soundstage and it goes higher in the treble, including off axis. It has the more familiar high end sound, where the 753 has higher headroom. I'd use the L7 in mixed use space closer than I would the 753, which seems to define 'living room' better. The L7 is open and friendly in as little as 8' of listening depth. It's go for 10' with the 753, and it can project real energy better, at-level and in the space..
                    Is the 753 a 4 ohm load? Can't wait to order!

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                      Is the 753 a 4 ohm load? Can't wait to order!
                      Six.

Comment

Hopefully we can all survive the current virus to enjoy either the L or 700 series.

Comment

Trying to get a feel if our living room is large enough for the 753s. Our seating is 10' away but edge seating might be about +-4 ft off center (+-22deg). Would seating at +-22deg off center notice significant treble drop off?

Comment

Originally posted by kabin View Post
                            Trying to get a feel if our living room is large enough for the 753s. Our seating is 10' away but edge seating might be about +-4 ft off center (+-22deg). Would seating at +-22deg off center notice significant treble drop off?
                            How's this for a bad answer: Yes and no. What I mean is that any horn will limit axial acoustical power just by way of its geometry. That said, any direct radiating tweeter will too. The question is just how you put it, will 22deg off center notice significant treble drop off.

It depends on where we assign that significantly audible narrowing. The horn we're using is a constant directivity type - I won't use diffraction horns - but it has a 60 degree rated horizontal beamwidth, qualifying it as a medium length horn and suitable for your distance, especially if you can toe the speaker to taste.

I have to develop the various curves and I'll post them in April in a reserved slot above so you'll know more then. On the other hand, this is the direct radiating L Series 29mm ringdome, which we selected partly for its excellent off-axis linearity. Note the +/- 30 degree output by comparison to the zero axis...

Comment

Are all the 700 series significantly less cost than the L7's? I'm just curious as to why people are trying to fit them into a living room or multi purpose family room. I can surely understand a dedicated theater room. This question is purely out of curiosity as I plan to go with the L's.

Comment

Originally posted by BadJRT View Post
                                Are all the 700 series significantly less cost than the L7's? I'm just curious as to why people are trying to fit them into a living room or multi purpose family room. I can surely understand a dedicated theater room. This question is purely out of curiosity as I plan to go with the L's.
                                I'm looking forward to getting into that but for now I'll say that they'll roll out with some deliberate attention to value. We want them to be compelling and we've designed them specifically for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X