No announcement yet.

The New Chane 700 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow having owned the A5rx-c and seeing the 753 side by side they are very large, I would like a pair but being on the North side of the border with a 35% exchange rate it might not be doable :(

Comment

• Originally posted by creimes77 View Post
      Wow having owned the A5rx-c and seeing the 753 side by side they are very large, I would like a pair but being on the North side of the border with a 35% exchange rate it might not be doable :(
      The A5 series has always been that of a compact Tower form factor. The 753’s are actual, full size towers. The L7’s are smaller than the 753’s IIRC, but not by much. But they both make REAL bass and both have sealed bass alignments, hence the not small enclosures.

It’s worth the price of admission for US users for sure.

I’m in Seattle; do you happen to be in Van City by any chance? You could hear the L3c’s for yourself

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTJustice View Post

The A5 series has always been that of a compact Tower form factor. The 753’s are actual, full size towers. The L7’s are smaller than the 753’s IIRC, but not by much. But they both make REAL bass and both have sealed bass alignments, hence the not small enclosures.

It’s worth the price of admission for US users for sure.

I’m in Seattle; do you happen to be in Van City by any chance? You could hear the L3c’s for yourself
        I'm further east in Manitoba, I sent Jon a message to see what shipping would be but I'm guessing two of them on a pallet would be crazy expensive, maybe I can get a Manitoba group buy haha.

Comment

• We need a Canadian distributor for sure!
          I bought the A series when shipping was reasonable. It's crazy now.

Originally posted by creimes77 View Post

I'm further east in Manitoba, I sent Jon a message to see what shipping would be but I'm guessing two of them on a pallet would be crazy expensive, maybe I can get a Manitoba group buy haha.

Comment

• Anyone have any more pics of the 753, like full frontal nudity and some backside shots :P

Also what do you think Jon, are the 753 to big for my room, I don't usually worry about this but they would be the biggest speaker I have ever owned in this room, measuring from where the front of the speaker cabinet is to my ear is 11.5 feet so from reading through the thread I'm sure I will be fine, they will be taking the place of my T1 towers that I have sold, though i also sold my subs last year so I will be running the fronts full range, two of the 753 and one 752 for the center..
            Last edited by creimes77; 10-23-2020, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kabin View Post
              I took delivery on Friday and just got home yesterday afternoon. I was assuming some units were at least in transit to others.

As you can see above, the A2.4 located under the 752 is significantly smaller. I really need to find another piece of furniture to house the amps and 752. The 752 stands out a bit. :)

Here's a couple of side by side pics:

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20201012_083154.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.13 MB ID:	116688 Click image for larger version Name:	00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20201012085318965_COVER.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	116689
              Hey Kabin,

Any updates thus far on your thoughts of the 700 series, I'm right on the fence on purchasing two 753 and one 752 to sit behind my 100" AT projection screen, my distance is 11.5 feet from the front of my screen to my ear so distance is fine, I'm a big 2ch enthusiast as well and anything from Jazz, Rock, Alternative, EDM and retro hip hop not the new crap haha.

Oh and no subs for me, I was running two Mach 5 IXL 18's in 4cuft flat packs but with little kids and a small house and a wife that isn't particularly interested in the house shaking off it's foundation I sold them and the T1 were surprisingly good in the low end dept, seemed to go lower than my A5rx-c I had before them.

Cheers,
              Chad

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTJustice View Post
                Ditto. The L7 (and L6) and both 700s are all sealed and will be smaller than their bass reflex counterparts would have been had we made them, but even as sealed designs they have bass down to and into the lowest octave. Obviously they won't make bottom octave bass like an active sub will, but what will that's not the size of a refrigerator that still has good efficiency.

The A5s are also quite efficient for their net air volume, meaning that they too don't go down forever but rather have what you want in a popular HT speaker, which is good stand-alone bass producer that also suits conversion into a plus-subwoofer main speaker.

Comment

Canadian shipping isn't all that much more than US shipping. Try us. Canada is a big place so naturally it runs more to ship a pallet to Yellowknife than to Chicago, but in general border Canada isn't cost prohibitive.

Comment

Also what do you think Jon, are the 753 to big for my room, I don't usually worry about this but they would be the biggest speaker I have ever owned in this room, measuring from where the front of the speaker cabinet is to my ear is 11.5 feet so from reading through the thread I'm sure I will be fine, they will be taking the place of my T1 towers that I have sold, though i also sold my subs last year so I will be running the fronts full range, two of the 753 and one 752 for the center..
                    I think a 753/752 system will be perfectly fine at 11.5'. We've used them extensively at under 12' and as with any good setup, a little fine tuning - triangle and toe - and they fit right in. Count on them adding a solid 3dB and more to an A5.system.

As good as the A5 are, the 753 have the advantage of far more acoustical size as well as the inherent tune we get from them as a function of the treble offset back into the cabinet. I can't easily describe all the fine points, but this feature and function is responsible for a lot of what makes both the 752 and 753 as transparent as they are. Not something generally assumed to come from a horn-topped speaker but definitely something we wanted to get to and exploit. Exploding conventional wisdom isn't profitable but it's fun to hear.

Refer to BTJ's review for a listener's perspective on this sound. There's a very deliberate underlying design function going on here, and point is that a large black box speaker that looks like the 753 looks ends up being quite musically responsive.

Comment

• Quick update. We're on track with our last stage work and next week should see all pending orders processed through to the dock. Thanks to all for your generous patience. We have a mountain to fulfill so your continued patience is really appreciated.

We'll create BOLs for each order and forward them back to you as they happen. LTL truck delivery tends to be faster then common delivery (and is significantly safer for the product too.) The trucker will phone ahead for arrangements, and all deliveries arrive with a liftgate. Be prepared to coordinate, meet, and break down the shipment.

As always, when we know more we always post, whether privately for individual shipping or here for general information. Thanks!

Comment

Hey Kabin,

Any updates thus far on your thoughts of the 700 series, I'm right on the fence on purchasing two 753 and one 752 to sit behind my 100" AT projection screen, my distance is 11.5 feet from the front of my screen to my ear so distance is fine, I'm a big 2ch enthusiast as well and anything from Jazz, Rock, Alternative, EDM and retro hip hop not the new crap haha.

Oh and no subs for me, I was running two Mach 5 IXL 18's in 4cuft flat packs but with little kids and a small house and a wife that isn't particularly interested in the house shaking off it's foundation I sold them and the T1 were surprisingly good in the low end dept, seemed to go lower than my A5rx-c I had before them.

Cheers,
                        Chad
                        Hi Chad,

Unfortunately my setup is in temporary limbo. I'm not using the miniDSP/REW combo just yet. I'm running the speakers in small, 80hz cutoff, with one SVS 12" 300W sub, and an LFE input. Audyssey was run but it struggled setting-up the one sub across all listening positions in my funky shaped room. Audyssey likes to turn the sub volume down so I turned it back up afterward. I'm waiting for a pair of FVX15 Rythmik subs to arrive sometime in Nov. I spent no significant time evaluating these speakers in large speaker mode. I'm with your wife as I'm not into shaking the walls down. I just want a little compromise and be able to hear some of those sounds that arguably make HT come to life.

I continue to listen a few hours a night and they are likely burned in. I'm trying out Amazon Music streaming service as I like the user interface a bit more than Google's new Youtube music interface. Amazon has a good amount of Ultra HD songs so I lean heavily on those and am happy to report they sound spectacular. But it all depends on the recording and music type. Good recordings with less clashing instrument sounds and/or musical instrument distortion really shine - Ben Harper, John Mayer, Outkast, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Everlast, The Smiths, The Cure, Santana, Tom Petty, etc.

But I need to turn the volume down on some old classics, most rock and roll, and grunge. I assume it's just a feature of how well they were originally recorded. For Pearl Jam I'm assuming it's also related to how Vedder wants his music to sound - dark, distorted, and with more distant attenuated percussion sounds. More recently PJ recordings seems to have lightened up slightly. As much as I want to romanticize the old rock and roll music sound as a child, I suspect my naive ears focused on the good sounds that came through and not all the sounds that were lacking. And heads up, PJ is offering a streamed video of a older highly acclaimed concert over the next couple of days. My wife is a big PJ fan so this might be a good test.

The other issue is probably more philosophical. Can any recorded media and/or speaker really reproduce heavily distorted rock and roll music when all those sounds and vocals are crashing together at the same time and space? Again, I haven't auditioned a lot of speakers but none bring back those old childhood memories. It will be interesting to see how others report their 700's and L's experiences.

The 752/753s project sound wonderfully in my large great room. I can be in the kitchen some 30+ft away and still enjoy music or video programming most likely related to the larger acoustic area and additional tower height. These speakers pull you into their environment.

With the limbo setup, my HT viewing has been limited. I'm still working through The Office series before it leaves Netflix but unfortunately its no HT challenge. I still plan to listen to my stash of HT action videos as well as some new one's I've ordered. I have only run these speakers at a max of about 2/3 of max amp power and doubt you need to worry about these speakers shaking the house down.

Rest assured. The 753/752 is Chane's best solution to date for HT and is no slouch for music.
                        Last edited by kabin; 10-23-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Hi Chad,

Unfortunately my setup is in temporary limbo. I'm not using the miniDSP/REW combo just yet. I'm running the speakers in small, 80hz cutoff, with one SVS 12" 300W sub, and an LFE input. Audyssey was run but it struggled setting-up the one sub across all listening positions in my funky shaped room. Audyssey likes to turn the sub volume down so I turned it back up afterward. I'm waiting for a pair of FVX15 Rythmik subs to arrive sometime in Nov. I spent no significant time evaluating these speakers in large speaker mode. I'm with your wife as I'm not into shaking the walls down. I just want a little compromise and be able to hear some of those sounds that arguably make HT come to life.

I continue to listen a few hours a night and they are likely burned in. I'm trying out Amazon Music streaming service as I like the user interface a bit more than Google's new Youtube music interface. Amazon has a good amount of Ultra HD songs so I lean heavily on those and am happy to report they sound spectacular. But it all depends on the recording and music type. Good recordings with less clashing instrument sounds and/or musical instrument distortion really shine - Ben Harper, John Mayer, Outkast, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Everlast, The Smiths, The Cure, Santana, Tom Petty, etc.

But I need to turn the volume down on some old classics, most rock and roll, and grunge. I assume it's just a feature of how well they were originally recorded. For Pearl Jam I'm assuming it's also related to how Vedder wants his music to sound - dark, distorted, and with more distant attenuated percussion sounds. More recently PJ recordings seems to have lightened up slightly. As much as I want to romanticize the old rock and roll music sound as a child, I suspect my naive ears focused on the good sounds that came through and not all the sounds that were lacking. And heads up, PJ is offering a streamed video of a older highly acclaimed concert over the next couple of days. My wife is a big PJ fan so this might be a good test.

The other issue is probably more philosophical. Can any recorded media and/or speaker really reproduce heavily distorted rock and roll music when all those sounds and vocals are crashing together at the same time and space? Again, I haven't auditioned a lot of speakers but none bring back those old childhood memories. It will be interesting to see how others report their 700's and L's experiences.

The 752/753s project sound wonderfully in my large great room. I can be in the kitchen some 30+ft away and still enjoy music or video programming most likely related to the larger acoustic area and additional tower height. These speakers pull you into their environment.

With the limbo setup, my HT viewing has been limited. I'm still working through The Office series before it leaves Netflix but unfortunately its no HT challenge. I still plan to listen to my stash of HT action videos as well as some new one's I've ordered. I have only run these speakers at a max of about 2/3 of max amp power and doubt you need to worry about these speakers shaking the house down.

Rest assured. The 753/752 is Chane's best solution to date for HT and is no slouch for music.
                          Thanks for the response,

Yes the more revealing a system is the worse it can sound haha, I once purchased a Metallica CD at Menards down in the US, I threw that CD straight into the garbage, it was horrid, like it was ripped using a highly highly compressed MP3 files, having a revealing system what goes in comes out, it's funny going to the Emotiva T1 from the Chane A5rx-c I found the treble more airy on the T1 and also the bass more prominent but that could be speaker design, with all my past speakers though, Monitor Audio, Chane and Emotiva bad sources get revealed as bad sources haha. I use Tidal HIFI for streaming for the past 2 or 3 years and really enjoy it, but growing up iin the 80's and 90's I'm a big alternative guy as you can prob tell from my sale thread for my vinyl haha.

Vinyl in my setup with my gear does sound very good but just doesn't get used that much, I run Audirvana on my Mac Mini and use the remote app on my iPad so streaming Tidal or playing my digital library ripped from my CD's is usually how I listen.

My system is an Emotiva XMC-1 or Sherbourn PT-7030 as the processor, Outlaw Model 7000X amplifier and Mac Mini and Nvidia Shield Pro as my sources.

Cheers,
                          Chad

Comment

Hi Chad,

So does that mean you really like them? Why not try running them full range? When I audition speakers, I first run them full range to get an idea of the sound without the sub interfering with the native response of the speaker in the room.

Comment

• That's a good question. I plan to always run the speakers with subs just to cover the full audio spectrum. But it probably depends how you like to hear your music. As far as loudness go, I'm averse to it. I'm one of those geeks that always wears earplugs at concerts.

Having said that, I'm not running my setup low because they are taxing to the ears. Instead they feel like they want and would run much louder. Last night I was listening to an ultra hd Metallica cut and tried bumping them up just a bit but my son asked to turn it down as he was having trouble hearing his Roblox friends on the headphones. I argued the music wants to be played louder but he wasn't having any of that.

I guess we all know what we like and we only need to test to those expectations. So far I'm pleased with the 753/752 performance but the testing is ongoing as my setup is still settling in.

Comment

• I also have a large open concept room and currently have a pair of diy titan 615 3-way horn speakers with a 15 inch bass driver in each. I crossover at 70 hz to a JTR Cap 2400. I ordered a pair of 753's for two reasons. One is curiosity and the other is I have been following Jon Lane (chane) since the introduction of the Arx A5. He seems to have a passion for good sound and has answered numerous questions I had about the 753's. So it will be interesting to see how they compare to what I have.

Comment

Working...
                                X