No announcement yet.

The New Chane 700 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took delivery on Friday and just got home yesterday afternoon. I was assuming some units were at least in transit to others.

As you can see above, the A2.4 located under the 752 is significantly smaller. I really need to find another piece of furniture to house the amps and 752. The 752 stands out a bit. :)

Here's a couple of side by side pics:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20201012_083154.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.13 MB ID:	116688 Click image for larger version  Name:	00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20201012085318965_COVER.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	116689

Comment

• Originally posted by kabin View Post
      I took delivery on Friday and just got home yesterday afternoon. I was assuming some units were at least in transit to others.

As you can see above, the A2.4 located under the 752 is significantly smaller. I really need to find another piece of furniture to house the amps and 752. The 752 stands out a bit. :)
      The 752 looked quite well on the top shelf I thought. It's right on the edge of it.
      I have to say I usually don't like how horn waveguides (?) look but those are very appealing. Like the entrance to a dark cave or something. I'd love to see them in real life one day.

Comment

I had a fortuitous road trip this last week and arranged a pickup of a pair of 753s and one 752. I'm giving them some time to settle-in but very early indications are positive. I'm coming from a pair of A5r's (L/R) with a A2.4 center. The big 700's might look somewhat imposing but that's by design.

The horns sound fantastic - no honking, no snake hiss, just crisp highs. I enjoyed the A5's planar tweeters but I am now a horn believer. And as expected the big 8" drivers reach deep. I played a few songs and streamed a Netflix action video - it was an immersive experience. Even between action scenes the vocal tract is more alive, richer - dare I say more realistic. And as expected, music imaged perfectly. No need to drive them hard - I would guess they are almost twice as loud relative to my previous setup.

My use is probably ~50/50 HT/music. I'm driving them with a Marantz AV 7705 pre-amp and an Outlaw 7700 amplifier along with an Oppo 203, and basic smartphone streaming. I'm looking forward to spending more time with the 700s.

Click image for larger version Name:	MVIMG_20201011_190311.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.48 MB ID:	116683
        Are you running the 753's full range or crossing over to the subwoofer? If you're using the sub what frequency are you crossing at?

Comment

• So what is the price? Is it possible to buy them right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by 01svtL View Post
            So what is the price? Is it possible to buy them right now?
            We're having a private sale for the forum. If interested please PM for details.

Comment

I took delivery on Friday and just got home yesterday afternoon. I was assuming some units were at least in transit to others.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20201012_083154.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.13 MB ID:	116688 Click image for larger version Name:	00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20201012085318965_COVER.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	116689
              My Jealousy is reaching epic proportions. I hope Jon starts selling the L's soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluemoon View Post

Are you running the 753's full range or crossing over to the subwoofer? If you're using the sub what frequency are you crossing at?
                Running the speakers small with 80hz crossover.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post

My Jealousy is reaching epic proportions. I hope Jon starts selling the L's soon.
                  I hear you. Hopefully they start rolling out shortly.

Comment

• Me too, guys. We have two late suppliers so we'll delay the new online content about a week.

Comment

• Will the supplier delays affect shipping times for the 700s?

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20201012_083154.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.13 MB ID:	116688 Click image for larger version Name:	00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20201012085318965_COVER.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	116689

Those "smaller" speakers are A5.5's not A2.4's.

Comment

• He means the one in the picture in THIS post, the center speaker, just above the A2.4 under the TV.

I'm happy to see the 752 is significantly larger than the A2.4, b/c it means I cannot fit it in my current setup, so there is no temptation to upgrade! All that will come later...with the next system.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmhaskar View Post
                            Will the supplier delays affect shipping times for the 700s?
                            We're going to need another week or so beyond estimate to launch. We'll email the list to update.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwskud View Post
                              He means the one in the picture in THIS post, the center speaker, just above the A2.4 under the TV.
                              Ah, got it. Makes sense now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Q's Laptop View Post
                                Ah, got it. Makes sense now.
                                No worries.

With the side-by-side pictures it's actually a bit surprising to me the 700 series doesn't seem even larger, but I suppose Chane is known for packing a lot of value and sound quality into smaller cabinets!

Comment

Working...
                                X