Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Chane 700 Series

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Freddyknuckles View Post

    For those that ordered three 752s, will the center speaker be marked as such so that we know which has the rotated horn?
    I'm guessing the center will also slightly stand out when you have the three of them next to each other.
    Last edited by wkrpic; 10-06-2020, 02:57 PM.

    Comment


    • Can you please send me sales details on the 752 and 753. Thank you.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by K-Dubb View Post
        Can you please send me sales details on the 752 and 753. Thank you.
        Done.

        Comment


        • While staring out the front window waiting for a truck with a pallet of speakers on it, thoughts turn toward the 740s. Would these likely be available by years end and will they include a vesa mount like the A4.5?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kangazu View Post
            While staring out the front window waiting for a truck with a pallet of speakers on it, thoughts turn toward the 740s. Would these likely be available by years end and will they include a vesa mount like the A4.5?
            The 740s onwall is a little too hefty for a VESA setup but they will have a big threaded insert and keyholes. The insert is threaded to match the larger OmniMount articulated speaker bracket. Hang em flat to the wall on screw heads or fly them off the wall on the bracket and tilt them.

            Demand is high for the 753 and 752, some of which we were prepared for and some of which we're building. I expect that when these models hit your floors the rest of our first production will follow rapidly. We've anticipated the next order, twice as large, and it'll include the 740s. The factory has a fast turnaround although we still have to receive the container which takes about five weeks.

            We're a little premature to estimate dates but as soon as that phase occurs, it'll post here. (And remember the v2 of both the 753 and 752, which are add-subwoofer versions with higher power and sensitivity, but giving up bass extension to get it. Same cabinets. A few hundred dollars more per too. Call that Q1/Q2 next year.)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post


              (And remember the v2 of both the 753 and 752, which are add-subwoofer versions with higher power and sensitivity, but giving up bass extension to get it. Same cabinets. A few hundred dollars more per too. Call that Q1/Q2 next year.)
              These are the woven carbon fiber cone, applied to either side of Nomex honey-comb versions you spoke of?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Freddyknuckles View Post
                These are the woven carbon fiber cone, applied to either side of Nomex honey-comb versions you spoke of?
                Yes.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                  We're a little premature to estimate dates but as soon as that phase occurs, it'll post here. (And remember the v2 of both the 753 and 752, which are add-subwoofer versions with higher power and sensitivity, but giving up bass extension to get it. Same cabinets. A few hundred dollars more per too. Call that Q1/Q2 next year.)
                  So to read between the lines, the 700 series will never be cheaper than it is right now.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Freddyknuckles View Post

                    So to read between the lines, the 700 series will never be cheaper than it is right now.
                    I’ve got zero insider information on this. But, that’s what I’m picking up from what Jon has said.

                    Comment


                    • The 752 and 753 have always been limited to a couple hundred pieces, but v2 of each will run indefinitely, as will the 740s onwall and some other things. Prices will rise.

                      Comment


                      • Maybe it's too soon to know but will v2 crossovers and tuning be the same as v1?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by kabin View Post
                          Maybe it's too soon to know but will v2 crossovers and tuning be the same as v1?
                          There'll be no change to cabinets, driver maps, or design type and tuning. Crossovers should only change to accommodate the higher sensitivity.

                          Power handling also rises with the increased sensitivity.

                          Comment



                          • I had a fortuitous road trip this last week and arranged a pickup of a pair of 753s and one 752. I'm giving them some time to settle-in but very early indications are positive. I'm coming from a pair of A5r's (L/R) with a A2.4 center. The big 700's might look somewhat imposing but that's by design.

                            The horns sound fantastic - no honking, no snake hiss, just crisp highs. I enjoyed the A5's planar tweeters but I am now a horn believer. And as expected the big 8" drivers reach deep. I played a few songs and streamed a Netflix action video - it was an immersive experience. Even between action scenes the vocal tract is more alive, richer - dare I say more realistic. And as expected, music imaged perfectly. No need to drive them hard - I would guess they are almost twice as loud relative to my previous setup.

                            My use is probably ~50/50 HT/music. I'm driving them with a Marantz AV 7705 pre-amp and an Outlaw 7700 amplifier along with an Oppo 203, and basic smartphone streaming. I'm looking forward to spending more time with the 700s.






                            Click image for larger version  Name:	MVIMG_20201011_190311.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.48 MB ID:	116683

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by kabin View Post
                              [INDENT]The horns sound fantastic - no honking, no snake hiss, just crisp highs. I enjoyed the A5's planar tweeters but I am now a horn believer. And as expected the big 8" drivers reach deep. I played a few songs and streamed a Netflix action video - it was an immersive experience. Even between action scenes the vocal tract is more alive, richer - dare I say more realistic. And as expected, music imaged perfectly. No need to drive them hard - I would guess they are almost twice as loud relative to my previous setup.
                              Thank you, kabin, and it was nice meeting you.

                              Love the remarks about neutrality and spaciousness (which we find comes from design and in a horn-topped speaker, not from simple dispersion.)

                              They're probably rated conservatively at 92-93dB too, at least by comparison to the A5.5. I'd call it a good 3dB difference, the result of the 753 being a much larger acoustical device...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by kabin View Post

                                I had a fortuitous road trip this last week and arranged a pickup of a pair of 753s and one 752. I'm giving them some time to settle-in but very early indications are positive. I'm coming from a pair of A5r's (L/R) with a A2.4 center. The big 700's might look somewhat imposing but that's by design.

                                The horns sound fantastic - no honking, no snake hiss, just crisp highs. I enjoyed the A5's planar tweeters but I am now a horn believer. And as expected the big 8" drivers reach deep. I played a few songs and streamed a Netflix action video - it was an immersive experience. Even between action scenes the vocal tract is more alive, richer - dare I say more realistic. And as expected, music imaged perfectly. No need to drive them hard - I would guess they are almost twice as loud relative to my previous setup.

                                My use is probably ~50/50 HT/music. I'm driving them with a Marantz AV 7705 pre-amp and an Outlaw 7700 amplifier along with an Oppo 203, and basic smartphone streaming. I'm looking forward to spending more time with the 700s.
                                That is a very attractive setup. Very cool to see the older speakers next to the new ones. The center is quite large :)
                                Are you the first customer to have them?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X