No announcement yet.

The New Chane 700 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folks, there's an important update in the L thread that also applies to 700 models, at least as far as release, purchase, and shipping. Please pop over, and then if you're interested in grabbing some 700 models and if your post isn't already in this thread, shoot this account a PM. The rest is in the L thread. Thanks!

Comment

• Sounds fantastic!
      I'm in for 752s (x3) from previous request I think. The anticipation is killing me!
      *Edit: Because I was accidentally requested to be on the L list before I fully comprehended the differences.
      I can be removed from the Ls and just want to reconfirm that the 752s are what I am in for.
      Last edited by Freddyknuckles; 09-28-2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
        Hi folks. Ready to roll with this thing?

Let me cross a couple I's and dot some tees and then get us going. Back to you soon.

Finally!

Yes sir Let’s Roll....πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Comment

Please note that with 2020 having been affected by Covid slowdowns, we have some initial concerns about driver and hardware levels in some cases. We're assessing that now but we're not going to hold up providing available speakers. We'll update as needed here and elsewhere.
          Hi, Jon!

Just to clarify, the concerns about driver and hardware levels refers to availability, not quality, correct? I'd hate to order a pair of speakers (753s in my case) and worry I got "seconds" for drivers. :-|

However, I am assuming it's a concern over availability due to factory shutdowns, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Chris
          New system: Receiver/integrated amp TBD; Chane Model 753 speakers!

Comment

• Originally posted by cgramer View Post
            Just to clarify, the concerns about driver and hardware levels refers to availability, not quality, correct?
            Correct. Depending on customer demand, we could see some interruptions. Shouldn't last long, however. The only thing that could pause 700 models is the foot hardware, not drivers.

Comment

Folks, there's an important update in the L thread that also applies to 700 models, at least as far as release, purchase, and shipping. Please pop over, and then if you're interested in grabbing some 700 models and if your post isn't already in this thread, shoot this account a PM. The rest is in the L thread. Thanks!
              Can't wait! Just to double- or triple-confirm, I'm in for a pair of 753s!

Comment

• Thread note and reminder: The ScanSpeak woofers in the 752 and 753 are no longer made in the 16 ohm version we're using. They are the final production we acquired as a lot. As noted way back, this is a limited run of extreme value models and cannot be repeated although we will hold woofer inventory to cover our usual product warranty. Not unusual as a product matures through production phases.

This said, we've already begun on an extra-duty 752 and 753, which will be the long term production standards. Both will move to a woven carbon fiber cone, applied to either side of Nomex honey-comb. Please note that price rises significantly.

Both of these next-gen products also see a bump in sensitivity and a proportional reduction of bass extension, making them subwoofer assist models. This is the same special midwoofer type that appears in the upcoming 740s onwall surround, although in a 6.5" size under a smaller horn.

There is no firm ETA or cost estimate, but we wanted to make sure you were informed.

Comment

By the way, eventual new models include:

L2c - twin 5.25" MTM / LCR with 21mm ringdome tweeter.
                  L2 - single 5.25" bookshelf model with 21mm ringdome.
                  L1c - twin 4.5" MTM / LCR with 21mm ringdome.

Sorry I don't recall. Are there plans for smaller 700 series speakers like the above? I'm just wondering if a comparable family of 700 series speakers are planned to fill out an HT room.

Comment

• Originally posted by kabin View Post
                    Sorry I don't recall. Are there plans for smaller 700 series speakers like the above? I'm just wondering if a comparable family of 700 series speakers are planned to fill out an HT room.
                    I'm afraid that I can't comment on any theoretical sub-topping premium horn-topped 2-way models using great parts that don't exist just yet, kabin. That would be wrong of me.

Comment

Thread note and reminder: The ScanSpeak woofers in the 752 and 753 are no longer made in the 16 ohm version we're using. They are the final production we acquired as a lot. As noted way back, this is a limited run of extreme value models and cannot be repeated although we will hold woofer inventory to cover our usual product warranty. Not unusual as a product matures through production phases.

This said, we've already begun on an extra-duty 752 and 753, which will be the long term production standards. Both will move to a woven carbon fiber cone, applied to either side of Nomex honey-comb. Please note that price rises significantly.

Both of these next-gen products also see a bump in sensitivity and a proportional reduction of bass extension, making them subwoofer assist models. This is the same special midwoofer type that appears in the upcoming 740s onwall surround, although in a 6.5" size under a smaller horn.

There is no firm ETA or cost estimate, but we wanted to make sure you were informed.
                      I'll take more bass extension for less, please. :-) Can't wait. I think I've said that already...

Comment

I assume the 740's next gen woofers still play well with first gen 753/753 woofers?

Comment

I'm afraid that I can't comment on any theoretical sub-topping premium horn-topped 2-way models using great parts that don't exist just yet, kabin. That would be wrong of me.
                          No worries. I think I hear what you're not saying. :)

Comment

I assume the 740's next gen woofers still play well with first gen 753/753 woofers?
                            Yes, although like the next-gen 753 and 752 - and both series may appear together for a time - the 740 is designed less for bass and more for level. The 740s (surround) is a compact 6.5" onwall with (from memory) about a 70Hz F6. There is no 740s with significant bass reach and no call for one. It gets too large.

Comment

No worries. I think I hear what you're not saying. :)
                              Which explains why I may not have heard it...

Although it would be fun, theoretically.

Comment

• Hello Jon,
                                I would like to be put on the list for interest in 2 753's and 1 752 for center.
                                I was also wondering whether you think the a series speakers (which i currently use) would work well for these as surround speakers or if you would recommend a certain model of 700 series to go with the 753's and 752.

Comment

Working...
                                X