Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Chane 700 Series

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A look at the way 700 will package and ship is here.

    Comment


    • Looks good. Can't wait to see that beautiful packaging and it's contents in person!
      Last edited by Freddyknuckles; 09-11-2020, 03:13 PM.

      Comment


      • For those of you considering the 752 - is there a stand that works well? I think I saw in BJT's review that the Monoprice 24" or the Pangea D400's could work but the top plate seems too small, doesn't it? What are you guys planning to use? And no, dual subs as stands is not an option, haha!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mmhaskar View Post
          For those of you considering the 752 - is there a stand that works well? I think I saw in BJT's review that the Monoprice 24" or the Pangea D400's could work but the top plate seems too small, doesn't it? What are you guys planning to use? And no, dual subs as stands is not an option, haha!
          I don't think the top plate is too small.

          I actually used the 752's with a smaller and less-stable stand and they were fine even when my clumsy, 100lb German Shepherd bumped into them during playtime. The stands I used were barely over 35lbs. The 24" DS400/Monolith stands are just shy of 70lbs when all four columns are filled with sand. And they have a wider base plate and top plate than my old stands.

          You could always buy some Sound Anchor 4-post signature stands (best stands in the world), but that's not cheap.

          I'll be doing SA for my upcoming project, but It's more for looks befitting a world class stand monitor than any current inadequacy of my Pangea DS400's. They will nearly double my stand weight again at 117lbs each. Lol.

          Comment


          • A 753 just out of testing.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	753 assy.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	116263

            Comment


            • The 753 uses adjustable outriggers like the A5.5 and L7 do. Machined aluminum and stainless steel.

              Click image for larger versionName:	A5.5 hardware.jpgViews:	0Size:	140.1 KBID:	116265

              Comment


              • Click image for larger version

Name:	A5.5 base.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	428.7 KB
ID:	116267

                Comment


                • Jon will it effect the sound at all i I use rubber feet instead of the spikes? I have hardwood floors and I hate the little disk things.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
                    Jon will it effect the sound at all i I use rubber feet instead of the spikes? I have hardwood floors and I hate the little disk things.
                    Spikes and discs are really common but you can substitute almost anything. Sound could be very marginally affected but nothing major I can think of.

                    The foot end of the bar is threaded M8. You can screw a post or pad into it. You could also go all-in and try something like this.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
                      Jon will it effect the sound at all i I use rubber feet instead of the spikes? I have hardwood floors and I hate the little disk things.
                      The small round discs that come with the spikes have felt on the bottom iirc. They should protect your floor. You just have to aim the spikes into the disc dimples ;)
                      Ah, you hate the discs...

                      Comment


                      • Please put me on the list for 2-753’s and 1-752 for a LCR .... I’d add the 740’s for 5.0 if they show up too! Thank you!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ezshooter View Post
                          Please put me on the list for 2-753’s and 1-752 for a LCR .... I’d add the 740’s for 5.0 if they show up too! Thank you!
                          Will do and thank you.

                          Comment


                          • Sign me up for 2 753 towers. Looking forward to the release.

                            Comment


                            • The 753’s with the Chane adjustable outriggers is going to look amazing....!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ehill View Post
                                The 753’s with the Chane adjustable outriggers is going to look amazing....!!!
                                Photos of the 753s with the outriggers installed would be nice to see. :)
                                New system: Receiver/integrated amp TBD; Chane Model 753 speakers!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X